Lightwave Avenue Data Center
M5 HOSTING DATA CENTERS:
SAN DIEGO LIGHTWAVE AVENUE (LWDC)
M5 Hosting has a presence in two of San Diego’s premier colocation facilities: The San Diego Tech Center and Lightwave Avenue.
Both of M5 Hosting’s San Diego data centers provide for all planned maintenance to be performed with zero impact on operations. They are both SAS-70 Type II certified and audited annually.
M5 Hosting maintains a private, leased, dark fiber transport connection between the two San Diego data centers. Each San Diego data center has its own redundant Internet connectivity in addition to the private, high-speed, transport between facilities. The two San Diego facilities are 13 miles (21km) apart.
M5 Hosting’s Data Center on San Diego’s Lightwave Avenue is an 80,000 square-foot facility located in the San Diego Spectrum area of San Diego, California. This facility has a long history of securely housing some of the most critical applications in San Diego: US Department of Defense, 911 Emergency, Public Safety, Law Enforcement and Department of Corrections.
Lightwave Avenue (LWDC) M5 Cloud Zone CA2
Data Center Space
- Built-to-spec private colocation cages
- Locking colocation cabinets in 13u, 17u, 26u, 44u and 54u increments
- Shared cabinet space in 1u increments
- Advanced Hot Aisle Containment
- Roof rights with excellent line-of-site
- Full data-grade HVAC with N+1 redundancy
- <72°F ambient air temp
- 45% humidity (+/-5%)
Certification and Sustainability
- SSAE 16 SOC 1 Type 2
- SSAE 16 SOC 2 Type 2
- SSAE 16 SOC 3 Type 2
Fire Detection and Suppression
- Dry-pipe, pre-action, double-interlock fire suppression system
- Zone-specific discharge
- Multiple fiber vaults with diverse entry points
- Large carrier-neutral meet-me room
- M5 Hosting network upstream providers at this location: Level 3 Communications, Cogent, and American Internet Services (with peering to over 100 Networks via the Any2 Exchange at One Wilshire Blvd in Los Angeles)
- Private Layer 2 transport to our San Diego Tech Center – SDTC location.
- Multiple fiber providers on-site including: AT&T, Cogent, Cox, Level 3, Telepacific, Time Warner Cable, TW Telecom, XO and American Internet Services.
- 24x7x365 on-site security staff
- Camera with remote door release at facility entrance — only authorized personnel are allowed to enter
- Biometric hand scanner at man trap entrance
- Card access control at all interior doors
- CCTV digital surveillance cameras with 90 day data retention
- All client equipment is registered upon arrival and can only be removed by authorized personnel
- 9.1 Megawatts from SDG&E
- 2N and N+1 AC UPS power plants
- A/B, 208v/120v power distribution
- Standard 12 KW per rack (or higher contingent upon client requirements)
- N+3 emergency generator configuration
- Minimum 48-hour run time fuel capacity
- Multiple fuel providers with 4 hour response or better
Client Support Services
- 24x7x365 on-site support staff
- Remote hands services
- Shipping and receiving with loading dock